As a Consulting HR Administrator, your role centers around providing specialized administrative and HR subject matter support to the internal organization and assigned clients.
- HR Operations: Perform day-to-day HR administrative tasks such as maintaining employee records, processing documentation, and updating HR databases/employee files for assigned clients.
- Recruitment Support: Assist in the recruitment process by creating and posting job advertisements, scheduling interviews, pre-screening candidates, sourcing candidates, conducting background checks, and coordinating onboarding activities.
- HRIS/ATS Maintenance: Oversee and manage the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), ensuring data accuracy, generating reports, and troubleshooting system issues for assigned internal and client systems.
- Compliance and Policy Adherence: Assist in ensuring HR policies and procedures comply with labor laws and regulations, while also supporting their implementation and adherence. Updating and/or creating policies and handbooks, assisting clients with interpreting and applying policies, and sharing regulatory updates with internal team members and assigned clients, as relevant.
- Benefits Administration Support: Assist employees with benefits-related inquiries, facilitate benefits enrollment, and collaborate with insurance providers or third-party administrators for assigned clients.
- Training and Development Coordination: Support training initiatives of assigned clients, such as creating and facilitating presentations, advising clients on training opportunities, and coordinating training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Position Expectations:
The Consulting HR Administrator has the opportunity to learn and advance their skills in the ever-changing HR landscape. This position will participate in strategic planning, compensation and total rewards projects, employee investigations, and program development. The Consulting HR Administrator will be encouraged to constantly challenge their knowledge and expand their skills through participation, mentorship, and training in complex HR scenarios.
- Administrative Skills: Proven administrative skills with proficiency in office software; HR-related tools experience is strongly preferred.
- Attention to Detail: Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure accuracy and completeness in handling HR documentation and data.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication abilities to interact effectively with client employees, managers, and executives, as well as internal staff.
- Adaptability: Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Team Player: Collaborative mindset to work effectively within a team and support HR initiatives and projects.
- Customer Service Orientation: Focus on providing excellent service to internal and external stakeholders (employees, managers, client contacts, etc.).
- Knowledge of HR Procedures: Understanding of HR functions, policies and procedures, and employment laws with a willingness to learn and grow within the HR domain.
- Education: Associate or bachelor’s degree in human resources or a closely related field; HR certification or interest in obtaining is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
The Consulting HR Administrator plays a crucial role in ensuring the smooth functioning of our HR clients’ operations and projects.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Location: Columbia, SC. This position is predominately remote, but some onsite work at the corporate office and client locations will be required. Some travel required (15% or less).